God-Bites is a series of sessions we have organised to help us to engage with topics which are related to our faith. At each session we will hear from an expert who will talk to us for 15-20 minutes, then we will have a period of informal questions and answers and discussion. We are also planning a couple of sessions which will have a panel, so we can enjoy a gentle debate and hear different views on a subject.
Each session will be on a Thursday lunchtime, starting at 12noon, and will last about an hour so that we can enjoy an informal lunch together after the session. The venue will be the History Room in the Rectory Offices [Wormgate, Boston. PE21 6NP]. There is no cost; booking is just to give us an indication of numbers for the session. All are welcome – the sessions will be suitable for those who don’t regularly attend services, as well as congregation members.
To book please contact Revd Sue Rose via email@example.com, (01205) 310929
or inform the Church Office.
The other sessions will include “Can War ever be Justified?” (panel event), “Human Trafficking – what is it?” “Do Animals go to Heaven?” “What happens when we die?”, “Baptism through the ages”, and will be held on the following dates:
- 28th November Baptism through the ages – Reverend Dr Sarah Lawrence, IME Officer, Diocese of Lincoln
- December – Christmas Break
- Thursday 16th January at 6.30pm – Save the date – speaker to be announced
- Thursday 20th February at 12 noon – What Happens when we die?, Reverend Sue Rose
- Thursday 19th March at 12 noon – Sleeping Rough – Liz Hopkins, Centrepoint Outreach
- Thursday 30th April at 12 noon – Beyond ourselves: Some God-talk from Zambia and the Pacific Islands, Revd Val Ogden
- Saturday 16th May – Subject and speaker to be confirmed
- Thursday 25th June at 12 noon – Eating Disorders, Revd Lis Ward
- Saturday 25th July – Subject and speaker to be confirmed
- Saturday 22nd August – Subject and speaker to be confirmed
- Saturday 19th September – Subject and speaker to be confirmed
- Saturday 24th October – Subject and speaker to be confirmed
- Saturday 28th November – Subject and speaker to be confirmed