God-Bites is a series of sessions we have organised to help us to engage with topics which are related to our faith. At each session we will hear from an expert who will talk to us for 15-20 minutes, then we will have a period of informal questions and answers and discussion. We are also planning a couple of sessions which will have a panel, so we can enjoy a gentle debate and hear different views on a subject.
Each session will be on a Thursday lunchtime, starting at 12noon, and will last about an hour so that we can enjoy an informal lunch together after the session. The venue will be the History Room in the Rectory Offices [Wormgate, Boston. PE21 6NP]. There is no cost; booking is just to give us an indication of numbers for the session. All are welcome – the sessions will be suitable for those who don’t regularly attend services, as well as congregation members.
To book please contact Revd Sue Rose via firstname.lastname@example.org, (01205) 310929
or inform the Church Office.
The other sessions will include “Can War ever be Justified?” (panel event), “Human Trafficking – what is it?” “Do Animals go to Heaven?” “What happens when we die?”, “Embracing Christ: Christening babies and children in British families down the ages and today”, and will be held on the following dates:
- 22nd August – Summer break
- 26th September TBC – Christopher Ladner, Reader in the Parish of Boston
- 24th October ‘What happened on the Cross?’ – Revd Alyson Buxton, Team Rector in the Parish of Boston
- 28th November ‘Embracing Christ: Christening babies and children in British families down the ages and today’ – Reverend Dr Sarah Lawrence, IME Officer, Diocese of Lincoln
- 23rd January What happens when we die? – Reverend Sue Rose Assistant Curate in the Parish of Boston